Think Bike at Events
As with many of the Think Bike initiatives, the Think Bike Event team is actually three teams; operating in Gauteng, Limpopo and the Western Cape. The mission of these teams is to represent Think Bike and our mission at any event where they believe there will be a receptive audience. Obviously bike shows such as the AMID show and 1000 Bike Show are ideal, but the teams also try to get to as many other events such as the Gauteng Motor Show and the Toy Run as possible.
Although the first order of business for the Events Team is to carry out the message of “raising awareness, saving lives” they also actively recruit new members for Think Bike and sell Think Bike paraphernalia, such as caps, beanies, sweaters, high visibility bibs, back packs and rain suits. They also dish out bumper stickers and do their utmost to get a “Do Not Remove if rider is injured” reflective sticker on each and every helmet they come across during the event.
Should you wish to invite the Think Bike Events Team to participate in a show, or event that you are organising, please contact:
The Events Teams have established themselves as a landmark at various venues where bikers get together. Some of the events where you were very likely to have met our team during 2012 were:
- Bikers against Crime (BaC) – an annual run by bikers protesting our high crime levels.
- Road Safety Awareness Campaigns such as the Magaliesburg Safety Awareness Campaign which usually runs over the Easter weekend.
- Northern Regions Motorcycle Racing events taking place at Red Star Raceway, Kyalami International Race Track, Zwartkops International Raceway and Phakisa International Speedway. At these venues the Events Team also supports the Think Bike Scrutineers and at Zwartkops and Kyalami also mans the entrance gates.
- Annual Gauteng Motorshow.
- The annual Association of Motorcycle Importers and Distributors (AMID) show.
- Involvement with various specialise runs such as the Sushi-Run, Boerkos Boogie Run, Noob and Small Bike Runs and the Bunny Chow Run.
- The Journey of Hope breast cancer ride.
- Various breakfast runs such as the annual Save the Boobies Run, Loop around Harties Brekkie Run and many others.
- The Johannesburg Pride.
- The Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Town Toy Runs
- Johannesburg Classic Car Show.
- General Safety Campaigns such as the 2012 Eskom, Medupi Power Station Road Safety Campaign.
- The annual 1000 Bikes Show.